Pink is the most played female artist in Britain

 Pink is the most played female artist in Britain


Freelance Reporter Alison Jones  23/02/23

Rock, pop superstar Pink has admitted she felt embarrassed' of learning she was the most played female artist in Britain.  
The global superstar now, 43, was the most-played female artist in the UK since the 21st century began according to music licensing company PPL.  

Pink appeared on Wednesday's Lorraine  show where she was told about the incredible statistic by host Lorraine Kelly.  She responded: '‘Oh my god really, am I? That’s wild.'  She then added: ‘That’s a very strange sentence, I’m embarrassed! I don’t do well with positive reinforcement!”’

 Music usage and air play data from radio and television stations across the country determined Pink's top spot on the list.  
Behind the Just Give Me a Reason singer were songstresses like Madonna, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Beyonce and many more.  

Pink, whose real name is Alecia Moore, has released eight solo albums and one collaborative album under the band name You+Me alongside musician Dallas Green.  
Other artists have a much larger library than Pink, yet she still beat them out.

Pop Queen Madonna has been making music for decades but still finished behind the Sober singer.  
Some of the other notable names on the list were Lady Gaga, fifth, Whitney Houston, 10th, Taylor Swift, 11th, and Ariana Grande, 20th.

Pink who released her highly-anticipated new album Trustfall on Friday, February 17.  The Raise Your Glass singer has also planned the largest tour of her career in 2023, called Summer Carnival.   

On Thursday, the singer-songwriter shared a four-image carousel with her 9.2M Instagram followers, captioned, 'I can’t believe this day is finally here!! I have been waiting almost patiently to share my heart and soul with all of you.




'This album means so much to me it’s silly sauce. I hope this becomes the "I remember where I was when I listened to that album" for you. 
  'So many options, how do I choose?! Box sets, zines, vinyl. I want ‘em all,' wrote Pink. 

 In the first image, the Lady Marmalade singer playfully bit down on the cover of her new album as she posed in a flattering Alexander McQueen dress.
The mother-of-two will begin with a six-week European leg on June 7, comprised of 21 shows throughout the UK, France, Germany, Austria, and Poland.  She will begin her North American dates with a July 24 performance in Toronto.   

The opening acts scheduled include; Grouplove, DJ Kid Cut Up, and Brandi Carlile.  The Just Give Me a Reason hitmaker mentioned that during the making of this latest album, she had time to reassess what matters most to her in life.  Pink explained how she made her latest album on Good Morning America, saying, 'I took time. I had time, and I had a lot of really devastating things happen. My son and I got really sick with COVID. That sort of distilled down for me what actually matters.'  The Just Like Fire singer has continued adding more concert dates as tickets have sold out.






Comments